While visiting my parents in Iowa, taking a relaxing break from my oh-so-hectic life, I was "invited" to help my Dad assemble a prefab shed. "It should only take a little while." he said, disguising the true nature of the job.
But by the end of the day, we had made quite a bit of progress, as you can see. You might also see how red and sweaty I look, and how clean and cool they look.
It would be easy, from these pictures, to think that I had done all the work while they stood idly by and offered suggestions, and even took a lunch-break to get outta the heat while I labored away.

But of course, that is NOT the case. All of us worked hard and sweat profusely and we were equally red-in-the-face by the time we were through for the day. If anything, those guys worked harder than I did. However, I have learned that not everybody reads to the very end of the story, so we will see if the truth of this story gets conveyed or not. :-)
By the way, no way was it only 92 degrees. 100 degrees is much more accurate, but even that doesn't capture the feeling of the direct sunlight beating down on us while we swam through the humid air in our sweat-soaked clothes.


1 comment:
I guess living in the air conditioned environment of south Florida doesn't prepare one for a bit of sunshine and moderate humidity. You should come back when it really gets hot and moist! That's tall corn weather!
Post a Comment