Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunburned with Socrates


We have travelled through five countries by plane, train, automobile, metro, bus, boat, and wild taxi to wake early and hike to the top of the Acropolis only to find that the park workers are on strike and will not unlock the gates for tourists. Ugh! Turned out that the strike was only until noon, so we killed some time and then explored the ancient city center where Socrates caused a bunch of trouble and where modern democracy was born. The sights are unreal, here, and the company is incredibly enjoyable. We have given ourselves Greecian names: Audrey is the beautiful Athena, Walker is the spry Ajax, and I am Popodopolous (for no apparent reason).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dad, mom and Walker, Dad you look like you have lost weight!!!! Walker and dad look sunburned too. Mom looks pretty. I like your new names. Especially turtle-boy's. I can't wait until you get home. I miss you. I love you. Love Belle

Anonymous said...

Yia sou (hi in greek) Popodopolous, spry Ajax, and beautiful Athena! It sounds like you are having lots of fun and have a better internet connection. Dad it looks like you are growing a beard and have lost weight. Mom it kinda looks as though you have shrunk, but Im sure that's not the case and your hair looks very cute. Walker looks talker then when he left. Dad's new new remindes me of a teacher that was at my school who was greek and her name was Ms. Popadopalus. Can't wait to hear more and see more pics.

-Courtney

Steve Frahm said...

Thanks, Belle and Courtney for your comments. I am indeed much more slender than before, and Mom has shrunk. Walker is no taller than before his mission, I was just letting him feel good by standing on a higher rock to feel tall. We long to see you guys soon...it will be just about two more days, now.

I love you. Dad