Hello Family,
Well, this has been quite an exciting week!!
Monday, I went to Brasov and had a very good and successful baptismal interview with a 24 year old guy named Doru. He will be a great addition to the branch, as he is very spirited, a lot of fun, and a potential leader.
Tuesday, we said good bye to members and investigators. Narcis was upset, but handled it well. We are both going to read the entire Book of Mormon together over the course of the next month. He should have been baptized yesterday. I really want to keep in touch with him!
Wednesday, while trying to get on the train to Bucuresti for transfer meeting, the train started pulling away, and we ended up only getting about 3/4 of the people and baggage on the train. Everybody, including the train conductors, were yelling and trying to get the driver to stop, but he just didn't listen for whatever reason. Only through some really valorous efforts by Elder Haddock (football player) did nobody fall under the wheels of the speeding train as they jumped on. He practically threw a couple of teetering sisters inside the train. He and I, however, didn't make it, so we had to wait for the next train to take us.
At transfer meeting, I was shocked out of my mind by a series of events.
1) I was released from being a Zone Leader.
2) Elder Stokes, not my companion Elder Despain, was made Assistant to the President.
3) I was called to train Elder Kozlenko, from Samara, Russia.
4) Since Elder Kozlenko is currently in Russia still waiting for his visa, I am temporarily serving with a mini-missionary, Elder Cosma -- probably the coolest young man in Buc. He was baptised in Sector 3 when I was serving in Sector 4, about 8 months ago, and he is currently the district president of the young single adults.
5) We were called to serve in Bacau, in the north-eastern region of the country. This branch is really small -- about 15 active -- but growing. There is a lot of work for missionaries to do here! I am going to love being District Leader.
So, there you have it. Since transfer meeting, we have spent our time here in Bacau getting acquainted with the branch and city and trying our best to build a teaching pool that was pretty much empty when we arrived. My companion is awesome, and there is a lot of potential here. I love speaking Romanian with him all day and am learning a lot. We have found a couple of families, but nothing really other than just potential investigators for the moment. I should get Elder Kozlenko in about a week or so.
I was really excited and pleased to here that things are going so well back home. I haven't gotten your package yet, but am glad because I wouldn't have wanted to haul it with all my luggage anyway. I am sorry that G-ma's package got destroyed, but am, of course, appreciative of the sentiment anyway. I am living fine, not in need of money. Jenn sent me a package with some delicious chocolate and a really, really nice pink Swedish tie that I am actually wearing for the first time today. She seems to be doing really well, which is exactly what she deserves!!
I love you all and miss you terribly.
With much love,
Elder Frahm
No comments:
Post a Comment