Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Courtney in China, Letter 03

Hey Americans!

Having a GREAT time in China! Today we got to go to the zoo, the Temple of Heaven (which was so fun! It was like Central Park), the Summer Palace, and an amazing acrobatics show. We are all getting to know each other so much better and getting along so well: I like everyone! 

Tonight for dinner me and 2 other people went back to Pizza Hut just is just down the street in the shopping mall. Although we had it last night it was so amazing and sounded so much better than cow spine soup, so we secretly went there. We have not told anyone because we are too ashamed. Afterward we then walked through the Beijing Times Square and ended up at the real night market (we thought we found it last night, but that was definately fake). The night market is so fun: we got to see live scorpions crawling on a stick and tons of other weird food. The best part though is negoiating prices with sales people. We all have kind of a competition going to see who can get something the lowesst price.  It is actually super fun! My best haggle is getting something down from 180 yuan (the money is called yuan) to 30 yuan. I was pretty proud, I didn't end up buying it, but it is fun to see how low you can make them go. When I get back home I am never paying full price for anything again. 

Tomorrow is a free day so I think we are going together to the botanical gardens. Thursday we leave on the overnight train to the place that has the terra cotta warriors (I forget the name of the city), so I don't know when I will have wifi again. Hopefully it will be like this hotel here. 


Anyway hope everything is going well there, I am have a fun time on the other side of the world. 

No comments: