Walker graduated from college, graduated from Yale, graduated from Yale cum laude, and graduated from Yale cum laude with a wife and child at his side (one of the very few Yale underclassmen that has started his own family).
Although Yale University is 301 years old, not all of the graduation traditions are what you would call, um, mature, as the seniors unanimously wore self-styled funny hats to Bill Clinton's commencement address. (He gave a very good speech, by the way.)
The head-wear and proceedings were all a bit more formal on the following day, when degrees were confered and certificates handed out. Interestingly, Aretha Franklin also got a degree along with Walker (hers was an honorary PhD for music).
Although Yale University is 301 years old, not all of the graduation traditions are what you would call, um, mature, as the seniors unanimously wore self-styled funny hats to Bill Clinton's commencement address. (He gave a very good speech, by the way.)
The head-wear and proceedings were all a bit more formal on the following day, when degrees were confered and certificates handed out. Interestingly, Aretha Franklin also got a degree along with Walker (hers was an honorary PhD for music).
I heard that there were 17,000 in attendance for the ceremonies. I don't think I got them all in this photo, but I got a bunch of them. Can you find Waldo?
1 comment:
How proud and happy can we be?! We're looking forward to seeing Walker and Jenn and Atticus in July.
grandpa frahm
Post a Comment