Sunday, February 21, 2010

Complimenting Our Father...

My brother Tim paid the highest compliment to our father when he sent me this picture and asked, "Do you think you and Dad look alike?"

"Not actually," I thought to myself, "you just caught Dad on a day when he looked unusually handsome."

I just crack myself up! In reality I am proud to be like my father in anyway possible, but in almost every way feel that I fall short. I know that one thing we share in common, though, is an appreciation for the life we've been given. With all the highs and lows, victories and defeats, good times and bad, I'm grateful for every stinking little minute of my time above ground. I've often heard Dad express the very similar sentiment, in more eloquent fashion.

Well here's to you, Dad, for all the good modeling you've provided to me (and to all of us kids, if I can be so bold as to speak for the others), and for all the "above-ground" time we have shared together.

1 comment:

phfrahm said...

Our family goal is that each succeeding generation be an improvement over the previous one. I must say that in my case my children have proved that to be true. I'm so proud of you all.