- windows closed, air conditioning on (hot and humid, sticky, normal, probably 300+ days/year)
- windows open, air conditioning off (pleasantly cool and dry, wonderful, a blessing, hopefully several weeks a year but there is no guarantee)
- windows closed, air conditioning off (chilly, cold, sweaters, "glad we do not live in the north", rarely happens, maybe one week a year if at all)
- windows closed, heater on (really damn cold, "this is not supposed to happen", angry at our northern friends and relatives for sending us this inconvenient weather, almost never ever happens, electric blankets, furnace failures)
Notice that when seminary class begins at 6am, our temperature will be 34 degrees but it will feel like 25 degrees. That is below freezing! HELLO, We live in South Florida -- a tropical zone! The information was taken from the Weather Channel online website. I'll have to believe them, because I am spending my night under the electric blanket. Oh, wait, I have to drive Courtney to seminary in the morning............I'll get back to you about how tomorrow morning actually feels.

4 comments:
Well, here in Iowa, we have FIVE seasons:
-almost winter
-winter
-still winter
-damn hot
-road construction
(I don't remember where exactly it was that I first heard that, but it's one of the truest things I've ever heard.)
By the way, it is "winter" right now, and even though it's really only just begun, I think we're all pretty sick of it already. But at least we can enjoy the schadenfreude of knowing that it's not all that much jollier down in Florida. :-)
--Cassandra
We're hoping our current heat wave continues and it gets up to 25 degrees as predicted. Sure would be a welcome warming after the last few days of sub zero weather. You need a battery operated electric blanket so you can wear it to and in the car.
love,
Dad
I can't believe how cold it has been there. it has been very unusually cold here too, but S. FL shouldn't be this way...it is bone chilling down there when it does that. i can't imagine what it is doing to all the poor animals and fruit. I hope it warms up for your sake otherwise you are going to be spending a lot of money on a new wardrobe for the family! :)
sooooo sorry guys!!! we had 40 today and it felt like spring. i could hit the di and send you some old wool sweatas'!!!! hug each other a lot, that should warm you up!! (i didn't even realize you guys had a heater...wow!!)
Post a Comment