Friday, July 3, 2009

RuthAnn's Generosity and the Joys of Hand-Me-Down Furniture


I visited RuthAnn a couple of weeks ago. She was looking a good as ever, of course. And she had some brand new and very beautiful furniture.


So I loaded her old furniture into my truck. We were not sure how well it would fit. But the sofa, love chair, and straight-back chair all fit quite nicely. I covered them with a blue tarp and made some temporary ties. When it was time to leave I decided that the temporary ties were good enough for the whole trip.


By the time I got into northern Florida I found that the tarp had worn through and torn in some places due to the poor tie-down job.


I determined that rain was in the weather forecast in southern Florida, so I spent an hour re-tarping and re-tying the load.


Fortunately the tarps held well, and the furniture remained dry through a heavy thunderstorm. The pieces fit well and looked great in our livingroom. Thanks again, RuthAnn!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The furniture looks good in your home and Ruth Ann's looks good in hers. A good arrangement. It is amazing how a little wind can affect a load. Your second tie down looks a lot better. Love seeing all your new pictures, including the girls swimming. Hug them for us.
love,
Dad

The Fitzgerald Family said...

love the look of Mom's new furniture - and equally love the look of Mom's "old" furniture in your lovely living room!! i still can't believe you made that long trip for the furniture and that it actually all fit in your truck. i guess it's due to the awesome skill you have for tying knots :)

Steve Frahm said...

Yeah, well, I've always been a little "knotty!" ;)