Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Belle's Baptism


Belle was baptised by her father on October 11th, 2008.  She had turned eight years old just a few days before, and chose to be baptised, as is the custom for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  She and her dad were dressed in all white for descent into the water. The confirmation and blessing happened immediately afterward and there were several priesthood holders joined in.  There were many dear family friends in attendance and a very good spirit accompanied the event.  

We took some pictures to share with you, but our camera was misplaced.  In lieu pictures we have included 
the program and the notes from the talk that Courtney gave about Baptism.  

We recalled that Walker had given a talk about baptism at Courtney's baptism ceremony, just about seven years ago.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a very important and big step in your life, Belle. As Courtney said, this is just the beginning of a life of spiritual growth. Enjoy!
Sounds like everyone had a great day. Thanks for sharing it with us and we'd love to see pictures if you ever find the camera.
Grandpa Frahm

ashley said...

Congrats Belle!! I love this picture of you...so photogenic and beautiful. I hope you had a great day and are excited to start A-days...Emma loves it!! I think that was great that Courtney spoke at your baptism...that is so special to have your siblings involved somehow!! Sounds like it was a wonderful experience. I hope you guys find the camera too...pics would be great to see, but I am glad to hear about your big day still!!

Stephanie Black said...

Congrats Belle! I am so happy for you. I've always thought you were the cutest girl, but you are really growing up. I love the program and the picture on it. That's too bad about the camera! I hope you find it!