Hello Family,
Thanks so much for your wonderful e-mails, especially for mom's description of the NYC activities; it reminds me a lot of my own travels and adventures in the city, like when I went with Jenn last April to the Manhatten Temple, Central Park, and to see Phantom of the Opera.
As for Cristian, yeah, I met with him. He is staying with his Godparents in Buchurest, actually fairly close to where we live. It took about 30 minutes to get there. He seems like a really nice guy! I didn't know him before coming out here, but I'm glad that there will be someone in the ward with whom I can speak Romanian when I get back. I loved the peanut butter and Reese's, as always, and I was blown away by the camera. It is amazing, and I thank you very much. I will use it as liberally as possible. I am not sure if I can send pictures on the Internet, but I can certainly get them developed here at the local photo shops from off of the memory card.
This past week was full of thrills and a few surprises. First, the negative thrill of getting my lunch stolen from me by a street kid in the metro. We were hurrying by and he was begging, as many people do here. When we didn't give him anything, he rushed me, carrying my McDonalds takeout bag, and tore it out of my hands. I grabbed him by the arm, and was about to force him to give it back, but realized that if he was truly that desparate, he probably needed the food more than I needed the satisfaction of prying it from his grasp (he was only about 15 years old I'd guess). It was an interesting experience.
Now for a good thrill. I wasn't transferred from Bucuresti, as you know, so I wasn't planning on going to the transfer meeting. But, we scheduled Bogdan's baptism to take place right after the meeting, so we happened to be at the chapel getting things ready while the meeting was going on. At one point the Assistant to the President ran out into the hall to where I was sitting with my companion awaiting Bogdan and said, "Elder Frahm, get in here now!" As I entered, President Ashby read my name off and everybody laughed as I stood there not knowing why. Then, somebody told me that I am going to be the Sector 4 District Leader. It is quite humbling to be called as the District Leader, and it was kind of a funny way that I found out about it, but I am sure that if that is the Lord's will, I will be able to perform accordingly.
Also, of course, we had the awesome experience of seeing Bogdan get baptised on Wednesday, then confirmed and given the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday. There is nothing more exciting and fulfilling than that. Plus, he cut his shoulder length hair, and now he looks super sharp. He said he cried a little bit after it was cut, but he is really styling now and looks like a completely new man.
Well, I have to go. I love you all.
-Elder Walker
P.S. Yes, my new suit is wool 100%.
No comments:
Post a Comment